ELECTRICAL EVENTS AND EXTERNAL OPERATING EXPERIENCE

The following external operating experience discusses an arc flash event that resulted in burn injuries. Electricians deviated from the standard safe work practices ro performing a zero voltage check by not performing the last live check and did not use their voltmeter correctly. They were disconnecting the energized line side cables on a circuit breaker when the arc flash occurred.


The following external operating experience discusses a worker fatality from an arc flash event. A vendor electrician was not wearing required PPE when he pulled fuses in a 480-volt distribution panel under load to work on an air compressor.


The following Power Point shows the results of an arc flash event at a South Carolina Electric & Gas facility in which the worker's life was saved by his 40 Cal/cm2 arc flash suit.


The following event occurred at a coal-fired power plant and resulted in a near miss to injury.
A root-cause analysis and investigation is ongoing. Updated information will be added when available.